As was previously announced by Dr. Foster, The College of New Jersey will issue refunds for housing and meal plans to residential students who left campus housing as a result of the COVID-19 closure. We write to share the promised details on how this will be administered.
The college will process prorated refunds for room, board, and selected fees to accounts in the coming weeks. Housing costs will be refunded at 50% of the total housing charge for the spring semester. Meal plans will be refunded as follows:
- Students on A la Carte meal plans will be refunded 100% of the amount of all unused dining points.
- Students on Carte Blanche plans will be refunded the prorated non-point portion of their meal plan based on the number of days remaining plus 100% of the amount of all unused dining points.
Refunds will first be applied to any outstanding student account balances. All other credit balances will be provided in the form of a refund check.
In addition, if you purchased a parking decal this academic year, a refund for 50% of the spring semester cost will be processed.
Please note: Students who received scholarship aid from TCNJ to cover room and board will not be eligible for a refund.
Financial registration holds for current students have been lifted to allow students to register for summer and fall terms.
- Late fees incurred from December through June will be waived.
- Refunds will first be applied to any outstanding student account balances.
- Payment plans will be modified following application of housing and meal plan refunds to allow payment flexibility.
We thank you for your patience during this difficult time for all our students, faculty, staff, and community.
Please refer to the complete Spring 2020 Refund FAQs for more information.
Sean O. Stallings
Vice President for Student Affairs
Vice President and Treasurer