If a natural disaster or emergency event occurs, whether on campus or at home, here are some tips to follow:
- Stay indoors whenever possible. Do not drive unless it is absolutely necessary.
- Conserve energy. Shut off all unnecessary lights and appliances.
- Remain calm and follow the directions of any local emergency management personnel.
- Make sure you have plenty of water and non-perishable food on hand.
For Residential Students, Faculty, or Staff Members
- Check your email and voice mail for updates regarding the event/situation, and schedules for possible outages or disruptions in service.
- Pay attention to directions from Campus Police or other administrative personnel.
- Maintain contact with Residential and Community Development staff members for information regarding residence halls.
- Shut off all thermostats (if residing in the Townhouse Clusters).
- Keep your cellular phone charged (if you have one) for use in the event of a disruption in wire-based telephone service.
- Do not drive or leave campus unless instructed to do so.
- Stay indoors unless it becomes necessary to leave or you are instructed to do so.